Hongyun Liu wins the best student paper awards of the IEEE Cloud conference 2021
Hongyun Liu, supervised by Dr. Zhiming Zhao, received the best student paper awards from the IEEE Cloud conference 2021. Machine learning-based resource scheduling solutions often suffer from low robustness when workloads change, particularly when tasks are time-critical. Hongyun and his coauthors tackled this problem using a novel meta-learning-based approach. They validated the solution using different cloud data sets from the EU ARTICONF and ENVRI-FAIR projects. The research paper acceptance rate of the conference is 23%. An open-access version is available at https://zenodo.org/record/5484397.
- MNS, CCI groups partner in CATRIN project.
- Humainer AI proposal awarded to Dr. Paola Grosso
- Dr. Paola Grosso leads User-driven Path Verification and Control for Inter-domain Networks (UPIN) project.
- Dr. Paola Grosso new director Graduate School of Informatics
- Dr. Zhiming Zhao receives EU funding for a research project on digital pathology